17 May Augmented Reality(AR) to Improve Worker Productivity
Bi-Annual Market Analysis Series for Industrial AR and IoT Finds Sharp Increase in 2019 Industrial Augmented Reality Adoption
PTC (NASDAQ: PTC) today announced the release of its 2019 “State of Industrial Innovation” report series. The series provides an ongoing review and analysis of the industrial augmented reality (AR) and industrial internet of things (IIoT) markets.
Highlights from the Report Findings:
The State of Industrial Augmented Reality
- Industrial enterprises are the highest adopters of augmented reality, comprising nearly 60% of the survey responses, with efforts focused on improving worker performance and solving the skilled labor shortage faced by companies worldwide.
- 55% of use cases aimed at improving worker productivity focus on delivering instructions and guidance primarily within manufacturing, service, and training environments.
- Successful pilots are being moved to production within 12 months at a 20% higher rate, year-over-year, allowing early-movers to capitalize on the competitive advantage.
The State of the Industrial Internet of Things
- IoT is becoming commonplace in heavy-industrial environments, with applications expanding across discrete manufacturing in industrial factories representing over 70% of the survey responses.
- Comprehensive, pre-built IIoT solutions are driving more established use cases, such as operational intelligence (31% of total use cases), as well as emerging use cases, such as predictive maintenance (12%) across manufacturing, operations, and service functions.
- Data processing at the device or “edge-layer” (present in 68% of use cases) is a critical capability for solution providers and there are increasing requirements for the same capabilities at the IoT Gateway (37%) and Cloud (34%) layers.
- Industrial enterprises facing global pressures are seeing the need to quickly deploy IIoT to improve operational effectiveness. 89% of respondents to the 2018 IIoT survey are planning to move to production in the next year, up 6% from 2017.
Talk to us, to know more on how we could lead you towards the future of Augmented Reality.